Software Tester Skills - 2023
The article which provide the detailed information about the software tester skills in 2023.The Software Tester Skills are follow:
- Understanding of STLC & SDLC
- The Agile Approach to Testing
- Programming Proficiency
- Compliance With Documentation Protocols
- Logic & Analytical Tester Skills
- Familiarity With Automation Tools
- Systemic Bug Reporting
- Willingness to Learn (Fast)
- Business Flow & Development Awareness
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills
1. Understanding of STLC & SDLC
In simple terms,Software Testing Life Cycle is a process with a sequence of specific activities.It ensures meeting the software quality goals and standards. STLC involves both verification and validation activities that help to certify the software product.
During product development, STLC phases can be performed multiple times until product release. It identifies the specific test activities and when to accomplish them.
To define the complete cycle of development,Software Development Life Cycle is used which is a framework or methodology. It involves the steps in the development of high quality software at each phase. SDLC covers the detailed plan for building, deploying and maintaining the software.
2. The Agile Approach to Testing
An agile methodology is an approach to software development where everyone is equally responsible for the quality of the product or project. Agile testing is done by the whole team whose primary expertise may be in programming, business analysis, database or system administration.
Software testers can also collaborate with customers on requirements and work with other members to develop high-quality code. The solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams. It involves continuous testing with testing from the first approach along with the project team members.
3. Programming Proficiency
- Relevant knowledge of the source control systems is a crucial skill that ensures delivering quality codes and coordinating with the team
- Backend skills such as REST or SOAP, API databases help to understand the architecture behind the application. It is easy to write a test using these skills with meaningful results.
- Automated tests help to save time in testing with well designs,best practices and models. It is the critical skill for professional performing software testing automation.
- Software testing tools are used to write codes or record the tests. These tools must be in sync with the technology.
Example: Appium for mobile Apps, and WinAmp Driver is used for desktop apps.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL are very crucial to understand the navigation process through the data and SQL. It helps to verify the data in the database.
4. Compliance With Documentation Protocols
As a software tester, document the testing thought process and procedures. Documentation is the integral part of the testing process. Document the testing artifacts that are created, approved, used, and maintained. Proper documentation provides an organized, clearly-defined explanation of the work.Documentation protocol is the important testing skill that ensure the following during the development process,
- Product knowledge
- Manufacturing processes
- minimizes the risks, and prospective errors
5. Logic & Analytical Tester Skills
Logic and Analytical thinking ability is essential in testing and an asset to the tester.It helps to perform any problem analysis. This skill helps to understand the components and how they interact with each other. With the help of analytical skills,
- Breaking down the problem into smaller segments. It promotes examining the elements properly and fetching the best solution.
- Proper data analysis by collecting data and information for decision making.
- Analyzing the given business situations and all possible scenarios.
- To recognize the hidden errors,unfamiliar problems and to formulate a strategy to validate it.
6. Familiarity With Automation Tools
Automation testing tools are applications for verifying function and non-functional requirements via automated test scripts.Functional testing automation and scripting are very important in testing fieldwith automation testing tools knowledge, we can achieve the following benefits:
- High Speed
- Top Test coverage
- Cost savings
- Frequent and thorough complete testing
Top Automation testing tools :
7. Systemic Bug Reporting
Reporting is essential to ensure the whole testing process,updates are recorded. Customer experience can reach the best standard with proper reporting and conclusive documentation.
Every testing detail including a bug, fix, action taken, and retesting should be reported for future reference. Reporting timeline and accuracy are important aspects to be included in the development process. keep the report precise and to the point.
8. Willingness to Learn (Fast)
Fast learning software testers are professionals with high receptiveness in learning new testing frameworks, technologies, tools and more. It is one of the useful skills to adapt the growing technical innovations in the changing business.Testers are expected to have
- Quick knowledge acquiring ability
- Learn to research new concepts
- Adapt the test processes
9. Business Flow & Development Awareness
To build best outcomes, testers should have the understanding of the underlying business processes. Clear business organization perspectives are more effective.It helps to plan, design, and execute tests with top standards. It supports prioritizing the tests for the test suite.
Testers can build their general knowledge on the business domain, flow and development process.The Tester will need to understand how the business user uses the product. It helps to build efficient, high coverage, test suites.
10. Interpersonal/Communication Skills
Communication is a key factor for any professional. It assists in meeting the quality standards with maintaining the work timeline. This skill helps professional communication and to understand technical issues. With proper communication, testers can easily write bug reports, test cases, and test suites. It promotes the testing process along with new innovations.
As the demand for software testers is increasing more and more, learn the right testing skills along with testing tools, techniques and practices. Software testing training in Chennai ensures best skills development that assists in creating test plans, setting the test environments and reporting bugs.
You may also like
Introduction As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, staying up to date with the latest certifications is crucial for professionals. In 2023, AWS certification stands out from the rest as the most in-demand certification. With businesses increasingly relying …
Introduction In this digital era, AI has emerged as a game-changer, revolutionizing the way we interact with technology and transforming various industries. From self-driving cars to virtual assistants, AI has become an integral part of our everyday lives. This article …
Introduction In today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, the cloud has become the backbone of countless businesses. As the demand for cloud-based solutions continues, the need for skilled professionals who can harness its full potential. DevOps is a methodology that combines …