PMP Certification Course Training
Project Management Professional certification is provided by Project Management Institute which is recognized as an international certification for Project Managers. PMP certification is also listed down as one of the important certification using which you can work in any industry and in any location.
This global gold standard Project Management Professional certification is been valid internationally without any particular geography or domain. According to the latest survey report the main advantage of getting this PMI certification is as an individual gaining this certification will help you to get 20% higher salary range when comparing the uncertified professionals.
Project Management Professional Certification in India is also been considered as the one of the top most important certification in India as well. As per the latest report from Forbes, Techgig PMI certifies more than 750,000 professionals around the world in that PMP is considered as the most coveted Project Management Certificate.
This article will give you a complete understanding about Project Management Professional.
What is PMP?
Project Management Professional an certification provided by PMI which is known as the global gold standard for Project Managers. The main goal of PMP is where ever you are in the world, whatever the industry you work, speak the language of Project Management, which is used by more than 750,000 project management professionals.
PMI also have certain criteria in both education and experiential area which make you eligible to get this PMP certification.
PMI provides different certifications which are listed down below,
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI – ACP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
Benefits of PMP Certification:
On successfully completing the PMP certification the individual will gain a lot of benefits around different domain and organizations around the world. The important benefits of PMP certification are listed down as follows,
- Increases your credibility
- More number of Job Opportunities
- Huge network and connections around the world
- Eligible under different domains
- Internationally accepted
- Highest Pay scale and Salary range will be increased
- PMP certified professional preferred first when comparing others
- Glassdoor report says 1.2M job openings per year for Project Management Professionals
Requirements for PMP:
To apply for a Project Management Professional certification examination an individual should come under the requirements updated by PMI. If you are not sure about these requirements that you need then the below information is exactly made for you.
You can get the complete details about the requirements for PMP certification below,
For your clear understanding, Lets differentiate the requirement into two types:
- Education Requirement for PMP Certification – #1
- Experience Requirement for PMP Certification – #1
- Education Requirement for PMP Certification – #2
- Experience Requirement for PMP Certification – #2
- If you clears the Education Requirement for PMP Certification #1, then you should also satisfy Experience Requirement for PMP Certification – #2
- If you clears the Education Requirement for PMP Certification #2, then you should also satisfy Experience Requirement for PMP Certification – #2
Education Requirement for PMP Certification #1:
At first, this PMP certification requirements states the person should have the following qualifications,
- Should have at least a secondary degree
- Should have attend high school or equivalent educational level
If you satisfy the above requirement, then you should consider the following points as well,
- Must have 5 years of Experience in Project Management
- Should have spent 7500 hours in leading as well as directing projects
- Important – 35 hours of Project Management Education
Experience Requirement for PMP Certification #1:
PMP certification experience requirement doesn’t mean the active management of a project, even participating in a project will also be counted in the 5 years of experience requirement. In the required experience for the PMP Certification you should have nearly 7500 hours of work experience in a project.
Again this work experience doesn’t mean that you should have worked as a Project Manager instead you can also be a team member, junior team member, team leader of the group who is assisting the Project Manager in the managing activities.
Let us assume that your highest education level is a degree for 4 years or above even if it is bachelors or doctorate degree then the below requirement is for you.
Education Requirement for PMP Certification #2:
As said above, if your top completed education level is a 4 year degree or above then you should consider clearing the following PMP requirement,
- Experience in Project Management – 3 years
- Work experience in leading or directing the projects for 4500 hours
- Important – Project Management Education for 35 hours
Experience Requirement for PMP Certification #2:
The experience requirement mentioned here is the same as explained above, it doesn’t mean you should have directly worked as a Project Manager.
- You should have 3 years of work experience
- To be clear it should be 4500 hours of work experience in leading or directing the project