Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) can function as a planning, scheduling, budget and resource management software that enables organizations to make informed decisions and improve their ability to deliver projects on time and under allocated budget.
Take a Look: India's Best Primavera P6 Training Institute
History of PrimaveraThe original company´s name was Primavera Systems and was established in 1983 by Joel Koppleman and Dick Faris in Philadelphia, USA. In 1998, the software system started to develop into a server-based approach that allowed Primavera to act as a portfolio system. This started the split into two versions of the software
- One is a standalone version of the software that is typically used by a single power user on a project or small portfolio of projects.
- The second is an enterprise portfolio system that allows Primavera to be used throughout organisations to manage programs of projects.
- Primavera is a Portfolio Management Software
- Primavera is a Program Management Software
- Primavera is a Project Management Software
- Group of Projects is called as Programs
- Group of Programs is called as Portfolio