To begin with, Python is one of the top in demand programming language which supports all the latest top trends. This article explains about the basics of Python which can be easily understandable to get a clear picture and to know more about this evergreen language.
What is Python?Python Programming is an interpreted, Object Oriented, high-level & general-purpose programming or coding language. Python is also called as glue language which means that, it enables interconnecting support and the integration of the software programs created using different programming languages and platforms. Besides Web Development, Python can be used for other types of programming.
Python can be used for
- Server-side programming
- Mobile application development
- Desktop application development
- Big Data Processing and performing mathematical computations
- Automation Scripts
Interview Questions based on Experience - Click here - Python Interview Questions and Answers
- Python is simple, easy to learn and moreover it reduces the maintenance cost of the program.
- Python is Open Source where the Software Source Code is available publicly and anyone who wish can able to collaborate
- Python is the third popular programming language in the world
- Python has so many Packages & Modules which helps to reuse the code. When an error comes up in the Python Program, debugging the python program is very easy
- Python coding / programs are generally 5 times shorter than equivalent Java Programs.
- Python Syntax is very straight forward and easily readable
- Python runs on all the available Operating Systems and Platforms
- Basic Use case for Python is, it acts as a Scripting and Automation language.
- Python codes can be deployed as a self-contained executable
- Python supports or provides interfaces to all major commercial database
- Simple REST API’s can be created using Python native libraries and third-party web frameworks.
- Python Package Index (PYPI) has thousands of Third-Party libraries, for example,
- NumPy, Pandas & Matplotlib helps to accelerate Math & Statistical Operations and also, it helps to visualize the data
- Apache LibCloud helps to manage Multiple Cloud Services through Python Object Model
- Frameworks like Flask, Django helps to develop Web Services and applications
- As per TIOBE Programming Community and PYPL Popularity of Programming language Indexes, Python still stays are the top most in the list.
For more info check here : Why learn Python ?
Python Unique features:
Python comes with many features, here we listed few
- Easy to use
- Free and Open Source
- High Level language
- Object Oriented
- Large Standard Library
- GUI Programming
- Dynamically Typed
Python Vs Other Programming languages:
- Python is more memory efficient because of its automatic garbage collection as compared to C++ which does not support garbage collection.
- Python code requires fewer resources to run since it directly gets compiled into machine code as compare to Java which first compiles to byte code, then needs to be compiled to machine code by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Python is an object-oriented scripting language, whereas PHP is a server-side scripting language.
- Python is a general-purpose full-stack programming language, whereas PHP is extensively utilized for web development
- Python is fun to use
- Python is a versatile language
- Python focus on code simplicity and readability
- Python is highly extensible
- Python is growing fast
Learn here Python vs Java And also Python - 2 vs Python - 3
Python Libraries:To perform the common programming tasks, Python has many standard libraries such as
- String Handling
- SFile access
- SDirectory access
- SNetworking Operations
- SAsynchronous Operations
- SMulti Process etc, Python also has the ability to read and write structured file formats like
- File access
- Directory access
- Networking Operations
- Asynchronous Operations
- Multi Process etc,
Check Out : Top Python Libraries
How Python is Used:
- Python is used to Create Web applications using its framework called as Django & Flask
- Workflows can be created using Python
- Python can be used to modify the files and data which is stored in Databases
- Python has the capability to handle Scientific, Analytic & Complex Calculations
Who should learn or enroll Python?Python is fit for the below audience,
- Web application developers
- Mobile application developers
- Data Scientists
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Automation Tester
Why should you learn Python?There are various reasons to learn Python Programming, some of them are listed below,
- Enormous Jobs in Python
- Start-up companies are using Python
- Easy to learn and implement
- Lot of Addons based on our need
- It automated all the manual tasks
- Learning Python leading to land up in very good salary. Below artifacts will get you an insight about the Pay Scale for Python Programmers.
Python used in many environments, from the small level applications into large level of applications we can use Python effectively. Due to its huge demand, Python developer salary always goes high.
As Python growing rapidly and its contribution in other environments like Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, Automation testing, etc., There ae huge Career Opportunities for Python Developers.
To Build your Career in Python and become and Python Certified Professional, Check our Python Training Course Content.