First of all, Kubernetes is an open-source system of container orchestration. It automates various tasks of container management - deployment, scaling, and management. Kubernetes is now maintained and governed by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). It provides a robust and scalable solution in a distributed environment.
Key benefits of using Kubernetes
1.Kubernetes increases the productivityKubernetes significantly increases productivity.It automates the various processes by eliminating manual processing.
- Streamlined Deployment
- Self-healing capabilities
- Centralized Management
- Resource utilization
2.AutoscalingTo scale up and down,Autoscaling is the important key feature of Kubernetes.It automatically adjusts the number of running nodes based on metrics to meet the demands of an application. Autoscaling allows efficient utilization of resources.It ensures high availability and performance.
Types of Autoscaling:
- Horizontal Pod Autoscaler (HPA)
- Cluster Autoscaler
To enable multi-cloud deployments,Kubernetes provides a set of features to deploy and manage containerized applications. It allows applications to run consistently across multiple cloud providers.
- key multi-cloud capabilities of Kubernetes:
- Cloud-agnostic networking
- Cloud Provider-specific integrations
- Cloud-agnostic storage
- Multi-cloud deployments with Kubernetes distributions
4.Cost EfficiencyThe important feature of Kubernetes is savings and cost efficiency.Kubernetes is one of the affordable platform that ensures better profits.The few main reasons of Kubernetes to achieve cost efficiency are:
- Kubernetes allows us to run on multiple cloud providers.So we choose the suitable cloud provider based on its pricing model and offerings.
- With properly managing storage resources, Kubernetes helps to optimize costs.
- Optimizing container images helps to reduce container image size.It decreases the amount of network bandwidth, storage, and time to deploy and run containers.
- Kubernetes Efficient pod scheduling helps to reduce costs.It optimizes the placement of pods on worker nodes.
- Properly managing resources such as CPU and memory in Kubernetes can help optimize cost efficiency.
As Open source,Kubernetes is free to use which is now maintained and supported by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).It can be downloaded, installed, and used for free. Kubernetes has a large and active community of developers that provides support and continuous improvement.
Additionally, Kubernetes provides many free and open-source tools and utilities. Kubernetes platform is free to use with some costs associated with deploying, managing, and operating a Kubernetes cluster. It provides a cost-effective solution for managing containerized applications.
- Kubernetes can work with different infrastructures like on-premise service, public cloud, or private cloud. This provides flexibility to create the ideal solution.
- Application Stack Flexibility: Kubernetes allows to pack applications as containers with their dependencies. It provides flexibility in choosing different application stacks, programming languages, and frameworks.
- Infrastructure Agnostic: Kubernetes provides flexibility in choosing the infrastructure based on the organization's needs.It ensures a consistent interface for managing containers.
- Portability Across Environments: Kubernetes enables consistent deployments of applications that ensures portability and consistency. It allows defining and deploying using declarative configuration.
To achieve application stability,Kubernetes provides several features and capabilities.These features enable to deploy and manage applications in a stable and reliable manner.It reduces downtime, minimizing disruptions, and assure consistent application performance.Kubernetes ensures
- Load balancing
- Rolling updates and rollbacks
- Monitoring and logging
- Configuration management
8.To run anywhere
Kubernetes allows users to deploy containerized applications using different container runtimes and on various types of infrastructure. It provides an abstraction layer that decouples the application. That makes it possible to run containers on different container runtimes.
Also, Kubernetes supports multiple infrastructure options to deploy containerized applications on a wide range of infrastructure like servers, virtual machines, or cloud instances.
Kubernetes is one of the most popular container management systems.The future of Kubernetes is bright with increased growth of popularity.It is widely used as the main platform in 2022-2023.Kubernetes is the top tech skills with a lot of job opportunities.With kubernetes knowledge, Professionals are expected to earn an average salary of Rs 5 to 6 lakhs in India.The highest salary of kubernetes jobs is Rs 21 lakhs per annum.
- Kubernetes Administrator
- Kubernetes DevOps Engineer
- Solution Architect - Kubernetes
- Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Infrastructure Engineer
- Kubernetes Platform Engineer
Finally, Kubernetes is the top container management system with a wide range of usability. It is the popular choice by companies because of various reasons.In this article, the important reasons for using kubernetes are provided in 2023.Learning Kubernetes is worth it and leads to high growth.Join Kubernetes training at Credo Systemz to gain the professional skills of Kubernetes.
You may also like
Introduction As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, staying up to date with the latest certifications is crucial for professionals. In 2023, AWS certification stands out from the rest as the most in-demand certification. With businesses increasingly relying …
Introduction In this digital era, AI has emerged as a game-changer, revolutionizing the way we interact with technology and transforming various industries. From self-driving cars to virtual assistants, AI has become an integral part of our everyday lives. This article …
Introduction In today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, the cloud has become the backbone of countless businesses. As the demand for cloud-based solutions continues, the need for skilled professionals who can harness its full potential. DevOps is a methodology that combines …