COGNIZANT – Python Interview Questions
Here is the list of Python Interview Questions which are recently asked in Cognizant company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals. Our Python Training has Answered all the below Questions.
1. On-campus Recruitment
1. What is the use of break statement?
Break Statement is a loop control statement that is used to terminate the loop. As soon as the break statement is encountered from within a loop, the loop iterations stop there, and control returns from the loop immediately to the first statement after the loop.
2. What is tuple in Python?
A tuple is created by placing all the items (elements) inside parentheses () , separated by commas. The parentheses are optional, however, it is a good practice to use them. A tuple can have any number of items and they may be of different types (integer, float, list, string, etc.).
3. What is an operator in Python?
Operators are special symbols in Python that carry out arithmetic or logical computation. The value that the operator operates on is called the operand.
4. Is Python interpreted language?
For the most part, Python is an interpreted language and not a compiled one, although compilation is a step. Python code, written in . py file is first compiled to what is called bytecode (discussed in detail further) which is stored with a . pyc or.
5. How can we handle URLs in Django?
Django runs through each URL pattern, in order, and stops at the first one that matches the requested URL, matching against path_info . Once one of the URL patterns matches, Django imports and calls the given view, which is a Python function (or a class-based view).
6. Can we make multi-line comments in Python?
There is no such feature as a multi-line comment. # is the only way to comment a single line of code.
7. What is the procedure to install Python on Windows and set path variable?To add Python to PATH variable in Windows
- Right-clicking This PC and going to Properties.
- Clicking on the advanced system settings in the menu on the left.
- Clicking on the Environment Variables button on the bottom right.
- In the System variables section, selecting the Path variable and clicking on Edit. ...
- Clicking on New and entering Python's install directory.
8. Which programming language is a good choice between Java and Python?
Java may be a more popular option, but Python is widely used. People from outside the development industry have also used Python for various organizational purposes. Similarly, Java is comparatively faster, but Python is better for lengthy programs.
9. Write Python code to sort a numerical dataset?
# Python program to demonstrate sorting by user's choice # function to return the second element of the # two elements passed as the paramater def sortSecond(val): return val # list1 to demonstrate the use of sorting # using using second key list1 = [(1, 2), (3, 3), (1, 1)] # sorts the array in ascending according to # second element list1.sort(key = sortSecond) print(list1) # sorts the array in descending according to # second element list1.sort(key = sortSecond, reverse = True) print(list1)
10. What can we do with the Django framework?
Django applications can contain Python modules, Django-specific modules (views, URLs, models, admin, forms, template tags, etc), static files, templates, database migrations, management commands, unit tests, and more.
11. Why do we use a cookie in Django?
A cookie is a small piece of information which is stored in the client browser. It is used to store user's data in a file permanently (or for the specified time). Django provides built-in methods to set and fetch cookie. .
12. How can we access sessions in flask?
To release a session variable use pop() method. The following code is a simple demonstration of session works in Flask. URL '/' simply prompts user to log in, as session variable 'username' is not set.
As user browses to '/login' the login() view function, because it is called through GET method, opens up a login form.
13. How to remove values from a Python array?To remove an element from an array in Python
- Use list. pop() to remove an element from a list by index. ...
- Use the del keyword to remove an element from a list by index. Place the del keyword before the name of a list followed by the index of the element to remove in square brackets. ...
- Use list. remove() to remove an element from a list by value. ...
- Use np.
14. Why do we use the split method in Python
split() method in Python split a string into a list of strings after breaking the given string by the specified separator. ... If is not provided then any white space is a separator. maxsplit : It is a number, which tells us to split the string into maximum of provided number of times.
15. How can we access a module written in Python from C?
The header file in your C source file, which gives you access to the internal Python API used to hook your module into the interpreter. Make sure to include Python, before any other headers you might need.
You need to follow the includes with the functions you want to call from Python.
16. How do you copy an object in Python?
In Python, we use = operator to create a copy of an object. You may think that this creates a new object; it doesn't. It only creates a new variable that shares the reference of the original object.
17. How do we reverse a list in Python?
Reversing a list in-place with the list. reverse() method. Using the “ [::-1] ” list slicing trick to create a reversed copy. Creating a reverse iterator with the reversed() built-in function.
18. How can we debug a Python program?
In order to run the debugger just type c and press enter. As the same suggests, PDB means Python debugger. To use the PDB in the program we have to use one of its method named set_trace() . Although this will result the same but this the another way to introduce the debugger in python version 3.6 and below.
19. Differentiate between SciPy and NumPy?
Both NumPy and SciPy are Python libraries used for used mathematical and numerical analysis. NumPy contains array data and basic operations such as sorting, indexing, etc whereas, SciPy consists of all the numerical code
20. Why do we use join() function in Python?
The join() method provides a flexible way to create strings from iterable objects. It joins each element of an iterable (such as list, string, and tuple) by a string separator (the string on which the join() method is called) and returns the concatenated string.
TOP MNC's PYTHON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all Python Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in Python.
To become a Python Certified professional and join in your dream company, Enroll now for our Best Python Training. We help you to crack any level of Python Interviews and We offering Python Training with 100% Placements.