Amazon – DevOps Interview Questions
Here is the list of DevOps Interview Questions which are recently asked in Amazon company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. What are the fundamental differences between DevOps & Agile?
DevOps is a practice of bringing development and operations teams together whereas Agile is an iterative approach that focuses on collaboration, customer feedback and small rapid releases. DevOps focuses on constant testing and delivery while the Agile process focuses on the constant changes.
2. What is the need for DevOps?
DevOps is important because it's a software development and operations approach that enables faster development of new products and easier maintenance of the existing deployments.
3. How is DevOps different from Agile / SDLC?
DevOps is a practice of bringing development and operations teams together whereas Agile is an iterative approach that the focuses on collaboration, customer feedback and small rapid releases. DevOps focuses on constant testing and delivery while the Agile process focuses on constant changes.
4. Which are the top DevOps tools? Which tools have you worked on?To help you to refine your DevOps strategy, we mention 10 top DevOps tools which you should use in the year 2020. Slack. Launched in the year 2013, Slack is still one of the top communication tools used by teams for effective collaboration on projects.
5. What are the advantages of DevOps?The advantage of DevOps are:
- Reduce the implementation time of new services from months to minutes.
- Increase productivity of business and IT teams.
- Save costs on maintenance and upgrades, and eliminate unnecessary capital expenditure.
- Standardize processes for easy replication and faster delivery.
6. What is the most important thing DevOps helps us achieve?
DevOps is the combination of the tools, social strategies that help to expand the company to provide the services and application at the high speed. It is the important thing that helps you achieve to get changes into the production. It helps to good working relationships and communication between the teams.
7. Explain with a use case where DevOps can be used in industry/ real-life.Real-life Applications of DevOps are:
- Application of DevOps in the Online Financial Trading Company.
- Use of DevOps in Network cycling.
- Application in Car Manufacturing Industries.
- Benefits to Airlines Industries.
- Application to GM Financial.
- Bug Reduction Benefit of DevOps.
- Less Time for Integration.
8. What are the anti-patterns of DevOps?Anti-patterns of DevOps are:
- DevOps is a process. Not exactly.
- Agile equals DevOps?
- Rebrand your ops/dev/any team as the DevOps.
- Start a separate DevOps group.
- The hostile takeover.
- DevOps is a buzzword.
- Sell DevOps as a silver bullet.
- DevOps means Developers Managing Production.
Free PDF : Get our updated DevOps Course Content pdf
9. Explain some basic Git commands?Basic Git Commands are:
- git init.
- git add.
- git commit.
- git status.
- git config.
- git branch.
- git checkout.
- git merge.
10. What is meant by Continuous Integration?
Continuous integration is the practice of automating the integration of code changes from multiple contributors into a single software project. The version control system is also supplemented with the other checks like automated code quality tests, syntax style review tools, and more.
11. Why do you need a Continuous Integration of Dev & Testing?
Continuous testing is key to unlocking this culture change because it weaves testing activities into every part of the software design, development, and deployment processes, which helps everyone involved the communicate more, collaborate better, and innovate faster.
12. What are the success factors for Continuous Integration?The success factors for Continuous Integration are:
- Unit Tests.
- Code Quality Gates.
- Integration Tests.
- Chain Tests.
13. How to automate Testing in DevOps lifecycle?
In order to implement automated testing into your DevOps lifecycle, you must first map out your release pipeline. This can be done by following four steps: Identify all the stages of your release. Identify the gates and requirements necessary in a build's journey to the production.
14. Why is Continuous Testing important for DevOps?
Continuous Testing encourages automating tests wherever possible throughout the development cycle. Doing so ensures that teams evaluate the code validity and overall quality of the software at each stage. These insights can help organizations identify whether the software is ready to go through the delivery pipeline.
15. What are the key elements of Continuous Testing tools?The Key Elements of a Successful Continuous Testing Process are:
- A Continuous Integration Tool. A basic continuous integration tool allows the team to integrate new code that has been deposited into a central repository to produce a new build of a software solution.
- Environment Provisioning.
- End-To-End Testing.
16. How to launch Browser using WebDriver?Launch a browser using WebDriver are:
- Download the latest ChromeDriver binary from Chromium.org download page and place the executable on your local machine.
- Set the webdriver.chrome.driver property to the chromeDriver.exe's location as- System.setProperty“webdriver.chrome.driver”, “chromeDriver.exe path.
Wants to Become an ExpertKnow More
TOP MNC's DEVOPS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all DevOps Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in DevOps.