Oracle – DevOps Interview Questions
Here is the list of DevOps Interview Questions which are recently asked in Oracle company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. Explain DevOps.
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that the increases an organization's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes.
2. Explain a few prerequisites that are useful for DevOps implementation.
DevOps implementation defines the strategic outcome of a software development cycle.Aspire's DevOps implementation services includes the processes of end-to-end delivery pipeline, infrastructure management, automation, deployment, orchestration, etc.
3. What are the best practices for DevOps implementation?The best practices for DevOps implementation are:
- Take a 'security first approach' .
- Assess your organization's readiness to utilize a microservices architecture.
- Implement tracking and version control tools.
- Commit daily, reduce branching.
- Build only once.
- Decide which processes and tests to automate first.
- Release often.
4. What are the key components of DevOps?Key Components of DevOps are:
- The Most Critical Components of DevOps.
- An Agile Framework.
- Automated Testing.
- Configuration Management.
- Regular Integration.
- Infrastructure as Code.
5. Explain Continuous Integration.
Continuous integration is the practice of automating the integration of code changes from the multiple contributors into a single software project. It's a primary DevOps best practice, allowing developers to frequently merge code changes into a central repository where builds and tests then run.
6. Explain Continuous Delivery.
Continuous Delivery is the ability to get the changes of all types—including new features, configuration changes, bug fixes and experiments into production, or into the hands of users, safely and quickly in a sustainable way.
7. Explain Continuous Testing.
Continuous Testing is the process of executing automated tests as part of the software delivery pipeline in the order to obtain feedback on the business risks associated with a software release candidate as rapidly as possible.
8. Explain Continuous Monitoring.
Continuous monitoring is the process and technology used to detect compliance and risk issues associated with an organizations financial and operational activities. A by-product of continuous monitoring is it highlights opportunities to the improve operational processes.
Free PDF : Get our updated DevOps Course Content pdf
9. How will you approach when a project needs to implement devops?
DevOps methodology of is based on the idea of eliminating the main issues of development and maintenance processes, which will allow your business to work with the innovative ideas, change and grow faster, more efficiently and reliably, along with risks reduction.
10. Can DevOps be applied to a Waterfall process? Explain the significance of the Agile process in DevOps implementation.
DevOps is considered a practice of bringing development and operations teams together. Agile helps to manage the complex projects. DevOps central concept is to manage end-to-end engineering processes. Agile method can be implemented within a range of tactical frameworks like a sprint, safe and scrum.
11. What is the difference between Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment?
Continuous delivery is a software engineering practice in which teams develop, build, test, and release software in short cycles. Continuous Deployment is the process by which qualified the changes in software code or architecture are deployed to production as soon as they are ready and without human intervention.
12. What is your expertise on the DevOps projects?
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an organization's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and the infrastructure management processes.
13. What are the top 10 devops tools that are used in the industry today?Top 10 DevOps Tools
- Git. Code, Build.
- Gradle. Build.
- Selenium. Test.
- Jenkins. Build, Test, Deploy.
- Puppet. Deploy, Operate.
- Chef. Deploy, Operate.
- Docker. Build, Deploy, Operate.
- Kubernetes. Build, Deploy, Operate.
- Ansible Deploy, Operate
- eG Enterprise Monitor
14. Which scripting tools are used in DevOps?scripting tools are used in DevOps are:
- Microsoft PowerShell.
15. Explain the typical roles involved in DevOps.The seven critical roles involved in DevOps are:
- The DevOps evangelist.
- The release manager.
- The automation architect.
- The software developer/tester.
- The experience assurance (XA) professional.
- The security engineer.
- The utility technology player.
16. Have you been involved in DevOps implementation in the cloud? If yes which cloud computing platform?
The centralized nature of cloud computing provides DevOps automation with a standard and centralized the platform for testing, deployment, and production. Cloud-based DevOps lessens the need to account for resources leveraged.
17. Explain some of the metrics that were followed for DevOps success.
The researchers have determined that only four key metrics differentiate between the low, medium, and high performers: lead time, deployment frequency, mean time to restore , and change failure percentage.
Wants to Become an ExpertKnow More
TOP MNC's DEVOPS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all DevOps Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in DevOps.