TCS – DevOps Interview Questions
Here is the list of DevOps Interview Questions which are recently asked in TCS company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. How do you handle the merge conflicts in Git?The merge conflicts in Git are:
- The easiest way to resolve a conflicted file is to open it and make any necessary changes.
- After editing the file, we can use the git add a command to stage the new merged content.
- The final step is to create a new commit with the help of the git commit command.
2. Can you tell me some advantages of Forking Workflow over other Git workflows?
The main advantage of the Forking Workflow is that contributions can be integrated without the need for everybody to push to a single central repository. Developers push to their own server-side repositories, and only the project maintainer can push to the official repository.
3. When do you use ‘git rebase’ instead of ‘git merge’?
Git rebase and merge both integrate the changes from one branch into another. Where they differ is how it's done. Git rebase moves a feature branch into a master. Git merge adds a new commit, preserving the history.
4. How to launch a browser using WebDriver?Launch a browser using WebDriver are:
- Download the latest ChromeDriver binary from Chromium.org download page and place the executable on your local machine.
- Set the webdriver.chrome.driver property to the chromeDriver.exe's location as- System.setProperty(“webdriver.chrome.driver”, “chromeDriver.exe path”);
5. Are there any technical challenges with Selenium?
One of the top challenges faced in Selenium automation is the handling of dynamic web content. Selenium solves for it using the explicit wait feature, where you specify a pre-defined time for the automation testing process to the wait for new content to load.
6. Describe the difference between driver.close() and driver.quit().
driver. quit() is used to the exit the browser, end the session, tabs, pop-ups etc. But the when you driver. close(), only the window that has focus is closed.
7. How will you secure Jenkins?
To configure Security in Jenkins, follow the steps given below.
Step 1 − Click on Manage Jenkins and choose the 'Configure Global Security' option.
Step 2 − Click on Enable Security option.
Step 3 − You will be prompted to add your first user.
Step 4 − It's now time to setup your users in the system.
8. Can you write the syntax for building a docker image?
With the Dockerfile written, you can build the image using the following command: $ docker build . We can see the image we just built using the command docker images.
9. What is the concept of sudo in Linux?
Sudo stands for either "substitute user do" or "super user do" and it allows you to elevate your current user account to have root privileges temporarily. This is different from the“su” which is not temporary.
10. What is Nagios Log Server?
Log Server is a powerful centralized enterprise-class log monitoring and management application that allows organizations to quickly and easily view, sort, and configure logs from any source on any given network.
11. What Are The Benefits Of The Nosql?The Benefits Of The Nosql are:
- Handle large volumes of data at high speed with a scale-out architecture.
- Store unstructured, semi-structured, or structured data.
- Enable easy updates to schemas and fields.
- Be developer-friendly.
- Take full advantage of the cloud to deliver zero downtime.
12. What Are Adoptions Of Devops In Industry?
DevOps is an approach in which traditional software engineering roles are merged and communication is enhanced to improve the production release frequency and maintain software quality. There seem to be benefits in adopting DevOps but the practical industry experiences have seldom been reported.
13. How Would You Explain The Concept Of “infrastructure As Code” (iac) ?
DevOps is an approach in which traditional software engineering roles are merged and communication is enhanced to improve the production release frequency and maintain software quality. There seem to be benefits in the adopting DevOps but practical industry experiences have seldom been reported.
14. How Is Chef Used As A Cm Tool ?
Chef is a configuration management technology used to automate the infrastructure provisioning. It is developed on the basis of Ruby DSL language. It is used to streamline the task of configuration and managing the company's server. It has the capability to get the integrated with any of the cloud technology.
15. Why Are Configuration Management Processes And Tools Important ?
Configuration management helps engineering teams build robust and stable systems through the use of tools that automatically manage and monitor updates to configuration data. Complex software systems are composed of the components that differ in granularity of size and complexity.
TOP MNC's DEVOPS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all DevOps Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in DevOps.