Blackboard – DevOps Interview Questions
Here is the list of DevOps Interview Questions which are recently asked in Blackboard company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. What are the key components of DevOps?The Key Components of DevOps are:
- The Most Critical Components of DevOps.
- An Agile Framework.
- Automated Testing.
- An Agile Framework.
- Configuration Management.
- Regular Integration.
- Infrastructure as Code.
2. Name a few cloud platform which are used for DevOps ImplementationThe Popular Cloud computing platform used for DevOps implementation are:
- Google Cloud.
- Amazon Web Services.
- Microsoft Azure.
3. Give some benefits of using Version Control system
Version control software is a best practice for the high performing software and DevOps teams. Version control also helps developers move faster and allows software teams to preserve efficiency and agility as the team scales to include more developers.
4. Explain Git Bisect
Git bisect is like a wizard: it guides you step by step through a process of elimination until you find the commit that broke your code. Once you type git bisect start , you have started the wizard and it won't end until you type git bisect reset .
5. What is the build?The build in devops are:
- Write the code.
- Commit code to a shared, centralized repository — such as Perforce Helix Core.
- Scan the code using tools such as static analysis.
- Start a code review.
- Compile code and files.
- Run automated testing.
- Notify contributors to resolve issues.
6. What is Puppet?
Puppet discovers information about a system by using a utility called Facter, which is installed when you install the Puppet software package. Puppet works by using a pull mode, where agents poll the master at regular intervals to retrieve site-specific and node-specific configurations.
7. What is Vagrant?
A vagrant is a tool that uses virtualization to build complete development environments. Vagrant automates the infrastructure tasks that developers waste so much time on. Vagrant has an easy-to-use workflow and it focuses mainly on automation.
8. What are the prerequisites for the implementation of DevOps?The implementation of DevOps are:
- Containers Understanding.
- Understanding the DevOps Tools and Technologies.
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages.
- DevOps Training and Certification.
- Knowledge of Automation Tools.
- Excellent Collaboration and Communication Skills.
- Knowledge of Networking fundamentals.
9. Name some best practices which should be followed for DevOps success.Best practices which should be followed for DevOps success are:
- Have a Centralized Unit for DevOps.
- Shift Left With CI/CD.
- Implement Test Automation.
- Implement Continuous Deployment.
- Keep All Teams on the Same Page.
- Exercise Patience.
- Implement Automation in Dashboards.
10. Explain SubGIt tool
It is a software tool to migrate from SVN to Git.SubGit is stress-free tool for migrating from SVN to Git. It can be used with any Git server whether it is Github, Gitlab, Gerrit, or Bitbucket.It is developed by Tmate software.
11. Name some important network monitoring toolsThe Top Network Monitoring Tools are:
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- Datadog Network Monitoring
- ManageEngine OpManager
- PRTG Network Monitor from Paessler
- Site24x7 Network Monitoring
- Nagios XI.
12. Why do we need DevOps?
DevOps is important because it's a software development and operations approach that enables faster development of new products and easier maintenance of existing deployments.
13. Mention the key aspects or principle behind DevOps?
The key aspects or principle behind DevOps are: abstraction, composability, automation, orchestration, and idempotency. Together, these concepts allow sharing work at every level of the pipeline.
14. List out some of the popular tools for DevOps?The popular tools for DevOps are:
- Git. Code, Build.
- Gradle. Build.
- Selenium. Test.
- Jenkins. Build, Test, Deploy.
- Puppet. Deploy, Operate.
- Chef. Deploy, Operate.
- Docker. Build, Deploy, Operate.
- Kubernetes. Build, Deploy, Operate.
15. What is a version control system?
Version control, also known as source control, is the practice of tracking and managing changes to software code. Version control systems are software tools that help software teams manage changes to source code over time.
16. What is Git and explain the difference between Git and SVN?
Git uses the history of the repository to identify the common base between the merged branches and only needs to merge from where they diverged thereby completing a three-way merge. SVN is also improving and has supported the three-way merging since 1.5.
17. What language is used in Git?
C language is used in Git.h files contain the information to be shared among multiple source files using the #include preprocessing directive. The . c files contain the actual code that makes Git tick. However, analyzing this current version of Git's codebase would get unwieldy fast, simply because there are so many files and folders to go through.
TOP MNC's DEVOPS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all DevOps Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in DevOps.