HCL– AWS Interview Questions
Here is the list of AWS Interview Questions which are recently asked in HCL company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. What is Amazon EMR?
Amazon EMR is an AWS service that allows users to launch and use resizable Hadoop clusters inside of Amazon's infrastructure.
It is a managed cluster platform that simplifies running big data frameworks, such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, on AWS to process and analyse vast amounts of data.
2. List different types of cloud services
The Top Cloud Computing Services are Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Functions as a Service (FaaS).
3. State the difference between An Instance and AMI
An instance is a virtual machine with particular specifications OS you choose when creating them. An AMI is a complete backup of an instance in other words it is a template that contains a software configuration from this, an instance can be launched, which a copy of the AMI is running as a virtual server in the cloud.
4. What are the different types of Load Balancer in AWS services?
The following types of load balancers in AWS services are: Application Load Balancers, Network Load Balancers, and Classic Load Balancers. Amazon ECS services can use either type of load balancer.
5. What are the important features of Amazon cloud search?The important features of Amazon cloud search are
- Free text, Boolean, and Faceted search.
- Autocomplete suggestions.
- Customizable relevance ranking and query-time rank expressions.
- Field weighting, Geospatial search.
6. Can vertically scaling is allows in Amazon Instance?
Amazon does not provide a service for automatically scaling instances vertically, only horizontally, because horizontal scaling is the only type of scaling that doesn't incur down time.
7. What is the use of lifecycle hooks in Autoscaling?
Lifecycle hooks allow you to control what happens when your Amazon EC2 instances are launched and terminated as you scale out and in.
8. What are the storage class available in Amazon s3?
The main storage services available on the AWS Cloud are Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon Glacier, Amazon Elastic File System, Amazon EBS) ,Amazon EC2 Instance Storage,AWS Storage Gateway, AWS Snowball ,Amazon CloudFront.
9. Name some of the DB engines which can be used in AWS RDS
The DB engines used in AWS RDS are Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle Database, and SQL Server.
10. How many buckets can you create in AWS by default?
By default, 100 buckets can be created in each of the AWS accounts and it is possible to add additional buckets by increasing your account bucket limit to a maximum of 1,000 buckets by submitting a service limit increase.
11. Explain how the buffer is used in Amazon web services?
Buffer helps to synchronize different components by ensures efficiency over traffic or load which gets requests and processes it in an unsynchronized way. It manages the balance between various components.
12. What are key-pairs in AWS?
A key pair, consisting of a private key and a public key, is a set of security credentials that you use to prove your identity when connecting to an instance.
A key pair is used to control login access to EC2 instances in which Amazon EC2 stores the public key, and you store the private key. You use the private key to securely access your instances.
13. How many Elastic IPs is allows you to create by AWS?
All AWS accounts are limited to five (5) Elastic IP addresses per Region, because public (IPv4) internet addresses are a scarce public resource.
14. What are the edge locations?
An edge location is where end users access services located at AWS, the cloud computing division of US-headquartered Amazon.
They are located in most of the major cities around the world and are specifically used by CloudFront (CDN) to distribute content to end users to reduce latency.
15. What is CloudFront?
Amazon CloudFront is a fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment.
16. What are NAT gateways?
NAT gateways are defined with a property on a subnet within a virtual network. Flows created by virtual machines on subnet subnet name of virtual network vnet name will use the NAT gateway.
17. What is SQS?
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) is a fully managed message queuing service that enables you to decouple and scale microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications. SQS is a pay-per-use web service for storing messages in transit between computers.
18. What are the types of queues in SQS?
There are two types of queues within AWS SQS: Standard - higher throughput, with "at least once delivery", and "best effort ordering".
FIFO (First-In-First-Out) - not as high throughput, but guarantees on "exactly once" processing, and preserving the ordering of messages.
19. What are the Types of AMI Provided by AWS?Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
- One or more Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) snapshots, or, for instance-store-backed AMIs, a template for the root volume of the instance
- Launch permissions that control which AWS accounts can use the AMI to launch instances.
20. Explain what is a T2 instance?
T2 instances are Burstable Performance Instances that provide a baseline level of CPU performance with the ability to burst above the baseline. It accumulates CPU Credits when they are idle, and consume CPU Credits when they are active.
21. Mention the security best practices for Amazon EC2.
The security best practices for Amazon EC2 are
Manage access to AWS resources and APIs using identity federation, IAM users, and IAM roles. Regular patch, update, and secure the operating system and applications on your instance.
TOP MNC's AWS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all AWS Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in AWS.