Cognizant – Android Interview Questions
Here is the list Android Interview Questions which are recently asked in Cognizant company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. What Is Android?
Android is a mobile operating system developed by the Google. It is used by several smartphones and tablets. The Android operating system is based on the Linux kernel. Unlike Apple's iOS, Android is the open source, meaning developers can modify and customize the OS for each phone.
2. Explain About The Exceptions Of Android?
An exception is an event that disrupts the normal flow of a program execution. For example, unusual user inputs, or a file system error when reading or writing a file. Exception handling prevents a program from crashing by managing these situations.
3. Why To Use Android?Android platform for mobile application development are:
- Zero/negligible development cost. The development tools like Android SDK, JDK, and Eclipse IDE etc. Open Source.
- Multi-Platform Support.
- Multi-Carrier Support.
- Open Distribution Model.
4. Describe Android Application Architecture?
Android architecture contains different number of the components to support any android device needs. Android software contains an open-source Linux Kernel having collection of number of C/C++ libraries which are exposed through an application framework
5. What Are The Features Of Android?Features Of Android are:
- Android Earthquake Alerts System is rolling out globally.
- Star what's important with the Messages app.
- Find the perfect Emoji Kitchen sticker at the perfect time.
- Access more of your favorite apps with just your voice.
- Improved Password Input and gaze detection on Voice Access.
6. What Is Android Runtime?
Android runtime is the managed runtime used by applications and some system services on Android. There are two parts in Android middleware layer are native components and the Android runtime system. Within the native components, the Hardware Abstraction Layer defines a standard interface to bridge the gap between hardware and software.
7. What Is The Demand Of Mobile Application Developers?
A mobile app developer is a software engineer who works primarily with mobile devices, creating, programming, testing, and maintaining apps and mobile platforms across devices like the smartphones, tablets and laptops.
8. What Features Are In A Release?
A feature rollout is the software development process of introducing a new feature to a set of users. In the not so recent past, software was rolled out once the every week or two, with a number of changes being bundled together, and then monitored.
9. What Are The Advantages Of Android?The Advantages Of Android are:
- Commoditized mobile hardware components.
- Proliferation of Android developers.
- Availability of Modern Android Development Tools.
- Ease of connectivity and process management.
- Millions of available apps.
Free PDF : Get our updated Android Course Content pdf
10. Are The Android Apps First Scrutinised By Google?
The bipartisan antitrust suit just adds to the company's mounting legal woes. Google has emerged as the primary gatekeeper for apps downloaded to the Android smartphones. It requires apps distributed through the Play Store to use the Google payment system, and it charges a 15 per cent to 30 per cent service fee on sales.
11. Explain Android SDK
The Android software development kit is a set of development tools used to develop applications for the Android platform that has become Apple's biggest rival in the smartphone space. Relevant documentation for the Android application program interface.
12. Which language is supporting Android development?
Kotlin is the official language for Android App Development declared by Google since 2019. Kotlin is a cross-platform programming language that may be used as an alternative to Java for the Android App Development.
13. What are the layers in the Android architecture?
The layers in the Android architecture are kernel layer, middleware layer, framework layer, and application layer. The Linux kernel is the bottom layer of the Android platform which provides the basic functionalities of operating systems such as kernel drivers, power management and file system.
14. What are the different states of Activity Lifecycle in Android?Activity states and lifecycle callback methods are:
- Activity created (onCreate() method)
- Activity started (onStart() method)
- Activity resumed/running (onResume() method)
- Activity paused (onPause() method)
- Activity stopped (onStop() method)
- Activity destroyed (onDestroy() method)
- Activity restarted (onRestart() method)
15. Mention the tool names that is used for debugging in AndroidThe tools is used for Android application development are:
- Android Studio.
- Android Debug Bridge
- AVD Manager.
- GameMaker: Studio.
16. List out the various data storage options available on AndroidThe various data storage options available on Android are:
- Shared Preferences.
- Internal storage.
- External storage.
- SQLite databases.
- Saving cache files
17. Provide few exceptions available in AndroidExceptions available in Android are:
- Application Not Responding.
- Other common Java exceptions.
Get Answer for all the above questions and place in your dream company
Wants to Become an ExpertKnow More
TOP MNC's ANDROID INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all Android Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in Android.