Tech Mahindra – Android Interview Questions
Here is the list Android Interview Questions which are recently asked in Tech Mahindra company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. What is Android?
Android is a Linux-based operating system it is designed primarily for touch screens mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. The operating system has developed a lot in the last 15 years starting from black and white phones to recent smartphones or mini computers.
2. Who is the founder of Android?
The Android operating system was developed by Google for use in all of its touchscreen devices, tablets, and cell phones. This operating system was first developed by Android, Inc., a software company located in the Silicon Valley before it was acquired by Google in 2005.
3. Explain the Android application Architecture.
Android architecture contains different number of components to support any android device needs. Android software contains an open-source Linux Kernel having collection of number of C/C++ libraries which are exposed through an application the framework services.
4. What are the code names of android?The code names of android are:
- Android 1.1 – Petit Four
- Android 1.5 – Cupcake
- Android 1.6 – Donut
- Android 2.0-2.1 – Éclair
- Android 2.2 – Froyo
- Android 2.3 – Gingerbread
5. What are the advantages of Android?The advantages of Android are:
- Commoditized mobile hardware components.
- Proliferation of Android developers.
- Availability of Modern Android Development Tools.
- Ease of connectivity and process management.
- Millions of available apps.
6. Does android support other languages than java?
yes... recently google has introduced new language for android programing which is simple and easy to understand.C/C++ –Android Studio also supports C++ with the use of the Java NDK.
7. What are the core building blocks of android?
The core building blocks or fundamental components of android are activities, views, intents, services, content providers, fragments and AndroidManifest.
8. What is activity in Android?
An activity provides the window in which the app draws its UI. This window typically fills the screen, but may be smaller than the screen and float on top of other windows. Generally, one activity implements the one screen in an app.
9. What are the life cycle methods of android activity?The life cycle methods of android activity are:
10. What is intent?
Android Intent is the message that is passed between components such as activities, content providers, broadcast receivers, services etc. It is generally used with startActivity() method to invoke the activity, broadcast receivers etc.
11. How are view elements identified in the android program?
View is the basic building block of User Interface in android. View refers to the android. It can be an image, a piece of text, a button or anything that an android application can display. The rectangle here is actually invisible, but every view occupies a rectangle shape.
12. Define Android toast.
A toast provides simple feedback about an operation in a small popup. It only fills the amount of space required for the message and the current activity remains visible and interactive. Toasts automatically disappear after a timeout.
13. Give a list of impotent folders in androidThe list of impotent folders in android are:
- Manifests Folder.
- Java Folder.
- Drawable Folder.
- Layout Folder.
- Mipmap Folder.
- Values Folder.
- Gradle Scripts.
14. Explain the use of 'bundle' in android?
Bundle is used to pass data between Activities. You can create a bundle, pass it to Intent that starts the activity which then can be used from the destination activity. A mapping from String values to various Parcelable types. Bundle is generally used for passing data between the various activities of android.
15. What is an application resource file?
Resources are used for anything from defining colors, images, layouts, menus, and string values. The value of this is that nothing is hardcoded. Everything is defined in these resource files and then can be referenced within your application's code.
TOP MNC's ANDROID INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all Android Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in Android.