Wipro – Android Interview Questions
Here is the list Android Interview Questions which are recently asked in Wipro company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. Explain the build process in Android?The build process in Android are:
- The compilers convert your source code into DEX (Dalvik Executable) files, which include the bytecode that runs on Android devices, and everything else into compiled resources.
- The APK Packager combines the DEX files and compiled resources into a single APK. Before your app can be installed and deployed onto an Android device, however, the APK must be signed.
- If you are building a release version of your app that you intend to release externally, the packager signs your app with the release keystore. To create a release keystore, read about signing your app in Android Studio.
- Before generating your final APK, the packager uses the zipalign tool to optimize your app to use less memory when running on a device.
2. List some languages that can be used to program in Android
3. What are the different tools available in Android development? Explain their functions.The different tools available in Android development are:
- Android Studio
- Android Asset Studio.
- IntelliJ IDEA.
- Source Tree.
4. Explain the Android Interface Definition Language.
The Android Interface Definition Language is similar to the other IDLs you might have worked with. It allows you to define the programming interface that both the client and service agree upon in order to communicate with each other using interprocess communication.
5. Describe Folder, File & Description of Android Applications
Android Studio stores the projects by default in the home folder of the user under AndroidStudioProjects. The main directory contains configuration files for the Android Studio and the Gradle build files. The application relevant files are contained in the app folder.
6. What are ‘activities’? Describe the lifecycle of an activity.
An activity represents a single screen with a user interface just like window or frame of Java. Android activity is the subclass of ContextThemeWrapper class. If you have worked with C, C++ or Java programming language then you must have seen that your program starts from the main() function.
7. State some advantages of Android.Advantages of Android are:
- Universal Chargers.
- More Phone Choices Are a Clear Advantage of Android.
- Removable Storage and Battery.
- Access to the Best Android Widgets.
- Better Hardware.
- Better Charging Options are Another Android Pro.
8. What is Android Runtime?
Android runtime is the managed runtime used by applications and some system services on Android. ART as the runtime executes the Dalvik Executable format and Dex bytecode specification. ART and Dalvik are compatible runtimes running Dex bytecode, so apps developed for the Dalvik should work when running with ART.
9. Explain the dialog boxes supported on Android.
Android mainly support a maximum of four dialog boxes. It includes Alert dialog box, Progress Dialog box, and DatePickerDialog box and finally TimePickerDialog box. The DatePickerDialog box is used for the selecting a date by the user. TimePickerDialog box is used to select the time by the user.
10. Explain Sensors in Android
Android sensors are virtual devices that provide data coming from a set of physical sensors: accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, barometer, humidity, pressure, light, proximity and heart rate sensors.
11. What are some of the disadvantages of Android?Disadvantages of Android are:
- Usually you need more code on Java than Objective-C.
- Complex layouts and animations are harder to code in Android.
- Applications contains virus also present in Android Market.
- A lot of “process” in the background that lead to the battery quickly drains.
12. How do you find memory leaks in an application on the Android platform?
Memory leaks occur when an application allocates memory for an object, but then fails to release the memory when the object is no longer being used. Over time, leaked memory accumulates and results in poor app performance and the even crashes.
13. State the architecture of an Android application.
An application architecture is a consistent plan that needs to be made before the development process starts. This plan provides a map of how the different application components should be organized and tied together.
14. Explain different launch modes in AndroidThe launch modes in Android are:
- Intent Flags.
15. State the components which are necessary for a New Android Project
There are four main Android app components: activities , services , content providers , and broadcast receivers . Whenever you create or use any of them, you must include elements in the project manifest.
16. What is the importance of setting up permission in Android application development?
Permissions allow certain restrictions to be imposed the primarily to protect data and code. Without these, codes could be compromised, resulting to defects in functionality.
17. Explain the term ANR in Android
ANR stands for Application Not Responding. ANR is an abbreviation that describes an unresponsive Android app. Two conditions may cause an ANR error on an Android device: An active app does not respond to an input event within the 5 seconds.
TOP MNC's ANDROID INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all Android Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in Android.