ThoughtWorks – Android Interview Questions
Here is the list Android Interview Questions which are recently asked in ThoughtWorks company. These questions are included for both Freshers and Experienced professionals.
1. What is the importance of an emulator in Android?
The emulator lets developers “play” around an interface that acts as if it were an actual mobile device. They can write and test codes, and even debug. Emulators are a safe place for testing codes especially if it is in the early design phase.
2. Name the four essential states of an activity.
The four states of anessential states of an activityin Android namely, Active , Paused , Stopped and Destroyed .
3. What is the difference between a regular bitmap and a nine-patch image?
The Nine-patch refers to the way you can resize the image: 4 corners that are unscaled, 4 edges that are scaled in 1 axis, and the middle one that can be scaled into both the axes.
4. What are the core building blocks of android?
The core building blocks or fundamental components of android are activities, views, intents, services, content providers, fragments and AndroidManifest.
5. What are the dialog boxes that are supported in Android?Android supports 4 dialog boxes are:
6. What does APK stand for?
Android Package is the Android application package file format used by the Android operating system, and a number of other Android-based operating systems for distribution and installation of mobile apps, mobile games and middleware.
Free PDF : Get our updated Android Course Content pdf
7. What are the exceptions in android?
First, if a handler has been set on the current Thread , this will be invoked. Next up will be a handler on the ThreadGroup , before finally, the default handler is invoked, which will handle all uncaught JVM exceptions by the printing a stacktrace, and then terminating the app.
8. What is ANR in Android?
ANR stands for Application Not Responding. An ANR will occur if you are running a process on the UI thread which takes a long time, usually around the 5 seconds. During this time the Graphical User Interface will lock up which will result in anything the user presses will not be actioned.
9. What is the database used for the Android platform?
SQLite is relational DB, a lighter version of SQL designed for mobile. It is an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine. It is an embedded the SQL Database engine without any separate server process, unlike any other SQL database.
10. What is ANR in Android?
An ANR will occur if you're running a process on the UI thread which takes an extended time, usually around 5 seconds. During this point, the Graphical User Interface will lock up which can end in anything that the user presses won't be actioned.
11. What are the different data storage options available on the Android platform?The different data storage options available on the Android platform are:
- Internal file storage: Store app-private files on the device file system.
- External file storage: Store files on the shared external file system.
- Shared preferences: Store private primitive data in key-value pairs.
- Databases: Store structured data in a private database.
12. Explain Sensors in Android.
Android sensors are virtual devices that the provide data coming from a set of physical sensors: accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, barometer, humidity, pressure, light, proximity and heart rate sensors.
Get Answer for all the above questions and place in your dream company
Wants to Become an ExpertKnow More
TOP MNC's ANDROID INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Here we listed all Android Interview Questions and Answers which are asked in Top MNCs. Periodically we update this page with recently asked Questions, please do visit our page often and be updated in Android.